Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is an advanced form of massage that aims to stimulate the lymphatic system to remove congestion and stagnation from within the body, and so help it return to a healthy condition.
It is a technique of mechanically encouraging the movement of fluids through the tissue. This treatment imitates the movement and action of the lymph within the body.
The primary function of the lymphatic system is detoxification and disposal of metabolic waste. This waste includes toxins which accumulate and cause lowered energy levels, fatigue and mood swings.
Many conditions can respond favourably to MLD, for example:
- Weakened immune system
- Fluid retention & swelling of the tissue (oedema)
- Chronic congestion (sinus etc)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Healing of wounds, burns and scars
- Post operative swelling; for example – knee replacement and bunion removal
- For sprains and injuries, MLD is a very useful adjunct to Physiotherapy
- MLD is often incorporated into the treatment and control of Lymphoedema
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
About Lisa Jenner
Revitalise your senses and refresh your mind!
Please contact me to see how I can help you. I am happy to discuss and offer any advice on whether you should seek massage or another more appropriate treatment. It is better to do something than leave it. I am a great believer in the fact that the body is not designed to be in pain, it does not like it and we suffer on many levels whilst we are in continued pain.
Or Call at this Numbers 0208 372 2942 or 07887 865203